SADIE QUINN BAKER ~A Video by ELHAS

Sadie Quinn Baker from Every Life Has A Story

Becky & Zak lost their first born child, Sadie Quinn, on July 10th, 2010 due to pre-eclampsia & HELLP syndrome at 24 weeks pregnant.


Hummingbirds remind me of my Sadie~tiny, gorgeous, and perfect! I was nearly kissed on my cheek by one my first week home from the hospital as I sat on my proch, there began my love for humming birds! I particularly love the ones with green on them as I imagine Sadie would have had green eyes like her daddy and myself!!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

What the priest said...

Yesterday, I went to a funeral (well it was a Graveside funeral to be exact)! Funerals are hard for me now on a good day, but I felt confident I could handle this one!

The priest was a very kind, gentle and compassionate man! He had a very nice manner of speaking! However,he said something early on that really upset me! I am not of the same faith as the person who had died, and I'm sure many of you reading this blog have all different sorts of faith, but I think we could all, no matter what our faith is, agree on this point!

He said, "family, friends let's all take time to remind God about_______(insert person who died name)! Let's in prayer send him reminders of who she was, what she did, etc"

This made me upset because I can't imagine God, who is all knowing, all powerful, could or even would forget about a person so as to need reminders from us, we who can't remember where left our keys! Hello!!!!! Don't you think God can remember more about people and know more about them than we ever could! I do and that's what helps me get along on this journey of grief, knowing that God remembers my Sadie, that God knew my Sadie more than I did, and that God loves my Sadie and will bring her back to me!

So sorry for my rant and if you happen to agree with the priest, that we need to remind God, I hope to have not offended you! It wasn't my intent.

No comments: