SADIE QUINN BAKER ~A Video by ELHAS

Sadie Quinn Baker from Every Life Has A Story

Becky & Zak lost their first born child, Sadie Quinn, on July 10th, 2010 due to pre-eclampsia & HELLP syndrome at 24 weeks pregnant.


Hummingbirds remind me of my Sadie~tiny, gorgeous, and perfect! I was nearly kissed on my cheek by one my first week home from the hospital as I sat on my proch, there began my love for humming birds! I particularly love the ones with green on them as I imagine Sadie would have had green eyes like her daddy and myself!!

Monday, May 2, 2011

How to Disconnect!?

Disconnecting.... Disconnecting from things around you that cause you pain, stress, etc.

How do you do it? I need to disconnect from certain aspects of things around me, but I don't know how! How do you disconnect from people you love?

I'm not talking about a permanent disconnect or even a total disconnect, I'm talking about a disconnect from certain circumstances. How do I do this?

Why disconnect? Because being connected to these certain circumstances causes me anger, sadness, anxiety! Because these certain things I need to disconnect from may cause me not to be able to have peace and calm! And I need peace and calm so I can see a rainbow!!

So I ask you, while apologizing for being so vague, how do you disconnect? How have YOU been able to disconnect from the world around you so YOU could have sone peace and calm?

Any suggestions????

6 comments:

Becky said...

Oh I wish I had the answers to this because I have been trying to figure this out for myself. I hope someone will have some helpful suggestions for you to bring peace and comfort on your journey for a rainbow

Tiffany said...

Hi!! thanks for leaving your comment on my blog... I hope its ok to comment here, i didnt know how else to contact you. Its so nice to meet another BLM that is a JW! Please feel free to email me at namesonthesidewalk@yahoo.com. (thats my blog email, I dont like to put my personal one out on the internet ;) once you email me I will give you my personal one.) I look forward to getting to know you <3

TanaLee Davis said...

I'm sorry I'm not sure how to answer your question...can you be more specific?

I have in the past had to rely my "Faith" so as to disconnect from someone I love but that the bible says is not good association ect...

does this help?
~Felicia

Amy von Oven said...

I wish there was one answer for this. I think we all pull away at first because it hurts to "live the real life" for a while. It is so hard to keep going day by day when our baby is not here. I used to pull away from everyone...to a point that is ok, if you are using that time to collect your thoughts and heal and grieve in peace. I spent that time in prayer and tried to let God give me answers...Writing is a great escape. Go by yourself somewhere and just write everything you are feeling, even if it doesn't make sence. I know how hard this is...I really do, and I am sorry...

Becky Baker said...

Hey Felicia,

No, not disconnecting from bad association, but disconnecting from the certain aspects of life around me that effect me too greatly emotionally! I know still vague...
I think I put it in my e-mail!

Becky said...

I see you posted on my blog you wanted to know about the NICU stuff, If you have an email address I can definitely tell you more about it. Mine is beckynelson81@hotmail.com